Here are the many ways to get involved in the garden!
- Member - Join the LCGS and become a member. It is a small fee of $2 to become a member.
- Gardener - Rent a plot and grow your own garden or help with the management of our communal areas! There are 24 plots in the garden, which can be rented for the year. The plot rentals are on a first come first serve basis. They are rented to individuals and/or groups with late winter and early spring being the best times of the year to inquire about the availability of plots.
- Mentor - Are you an experienced gardener? Perhaps you would be interested in sharing your knowledge and skills through gardening demonstrations, mentoring youth or helping the society and other gardeners with seminars and workshops. If so go to our contact page and tell us how you would like to become involved.
- Organizer - The society is in need of people with an interest and skills in running an organization. If you are interested or have experience related to community organization governance, budgeting and accounting, garden management, leading or organizing gardening workshops and seminars, supervising and/or helping with soil management and composting, or managing the membership, we would like to have you involved!
- Sponsor or Donator - The society is often in need of plants, seeds, goods, services and funds. We have a program for sponsorship and/or submitting a donation and a tax receipt can be issued to you if you decide to do so.
- Attend an Event or Workshop - if you are simply interested in learning more about the society, community gardening, composting and other environmentally sensitive gardening practices from local Ladysmith gardeners, come and attend one of our events!